December 11, 2010

Christmas Shopping

DSCN9440

One of those fruitless holiday shopping days. They've been pestering me at home for like 2 weeks now to make a list for this secret santa thing. So I finally got around to it today. Seeing I had way too much stuff from Amazon on there, I decided to take a look at the local stores in case someone just couldn't figure Amazon out and needed locally available gifts.

Spent all afternoon looking around town, had to wait at least 20 minutes for a parking spot at the mall, and picked up all sorts of flyers and clutter along the way. And I thought I was going to get ahead of the christmas shopping crowd by going this weekend.

And in the end, nothing. Sure I got a whole list of ideas for that secret santa thing, but on the other half of the deal which was to buy the rest of the gifts I needed, I came out empty handed. Amazing, but there's just no good stuff available in stores. None of those gifts that you see and you just know they're perfect for someone. Checked the music stores, bookstores, stationary stores, everything you can imagine... and I just didn't see anything that clicked in my mind.

I probably need a couple days and a few more laps around town to start to see potential gifts. Good thing I've got about 2 weeks left to shop.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, you should check your feed or something, I saw this yesterday and I really thought you were dead, cause the feed on my blog stayed the same for over a week, but now I know is a feed issue or something, good to see your post.
    And I agree sometimes is just too difficult to see a gift and think that the gift is the perfect one, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn´t..
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete