December 15, 2010

Mind the barrier

Watch the barrier

I've always been one for freak accidents. Always the one that never smashes into another car at 50 mph, but manages to hit a steel post while parking in an empty lot. Or gets his windshield cracked by a pebble that flew 10m across the lanes on the highway.

I was riding home today and came to one of those automated traffic barriers that swing up and down. I've gone past it at least 50 times this year. But this time I somehow managed to lose my balance a few inches before it, and as I went left to balance out, I happened to nick the barrier with my arm.

Evidently, these things aren't padded just in case someone should nick them with his arm.

The barrier went bong and bounced up and down a bit. I stopped to see that I hadn't broken anything, and then got out of there pretty fast, before any of the 50 bystanders waiting for the bus could think of a wisecrack.

Am I hurt? Only my pride for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment