January 19, 2011

Nemesis

Nemesis

This one's got to be my commuting nemesis. About a year back they repaved the street, marked the manhole for elevation... and they never elevated it. They did the same with 2 other manholes that are further up the hill. And it's located precisely at an intersection where there's always a car or two waiting to turn.

So in the afternoon, in the middle of all that, as you're flying down the hill on your bike if you're not careful you'll hit one of these and do a real nice job on your wheel. Hit it fast and hard enough, and you'll probably have to retrue.

I've learned to avoid them, and now I'm making the turn at the top of the hill and my mind's already going "ok, where's the pothole". So they won't be getting me anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment