January 21, 2011

Silent key

Silent key

Had a run in with an old acquaintance today, maybe not in the way I would have liked though.

Roberto McLean Perez was your version of a modern day DaVinci. He was a lawyer with a PhD, an MBA, an actor... and if it came down to it, he could probably beat the crap out of you any old day, being a 10th dan black belt.

Along the way he made it into ham radio, where our paths crossed a couple times. Then I never saw him again, he got a lead role in a local indie film and from then on, vanished from my scanning ranges.

Until today. It's always sad to see a ham go silent. And to think that every day there's less of us left to fill the airwaves.

I was reading Joe McNally's blog the other day. He had a post on this same subject... only Joe got to speak from up front this time, sadly.

I think it's a post everyone with a camera should read. One of those bits of knowledge that you don't come by so often, and that can really make a difference in how you go about your photos. In retrospect, I wish I had gotten that particular bit a few years back, when McLean was still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment