January 27, 2011

So... what's for lunch?

So..what's for lunch?

Well, today's post is probably going to sound like something out of a self help book, but what the heck.

So, I came home and opened the refrigerator at 8 PM, to get the ingredients for tomorrow's lunch. And what should I find? Uh... nothing. The chicken I had left out was gone, seems someone had beaten me to it.

I checked the other side of the fridge, and there was chicken there, but it was more like a collection of chicken popsicles. If someone had broken in right at that moment, I could have probably beaten them to death with that frozen chicken.

So in the middle of the dilemma of whether to pack a can of tuna, change out of my pajamas and head out to the supermarket, or stop at the first fast food restaurant I could find on the way to work, I decided, none.

I figured it was better to think outside the box for a second. And so with all the love and care in the world I cut up 3 onions and a bell pepper, ran them through some olive oil and seasonings, and put them on the stove. And 15 minutes later I had myself a heaping bowl of onions and bell pepper. Which in the end turned out to be exactly what I wanted. In fact I had to stop myself from eating it right then and there.

And the chicken can stay in the freezer, for all I care.

I guess the moral of the story is, I like onions. I'm the kind of person who will actually consider eating 3 whole onions for lunch, if they're cooked the way I like them. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment