November 30, 2010

Rain #1

Rain #1

Waking up to rain, an hour before your alarm clock goes off, is always nice. Waking up an hour later and seeing it's not done raining yet... that tends to be a problem.

One of those very rare days today, when I can't bike to work because it's just raining at 7 AM. And I don't mean a drop here or a drop there, or maybe an overcast sky... I mean really raining. True, it rains almost the whole year here, but it has a very clear schedule, which doesn't normally include commute hours.

In fact it was so bad this morning I actually had to turn around when I got to the office and head for the nearest supermarket to get an umbrella. I really didn't want to be walking a block from my parking spot to the building under that kind of rain. As luck would have it, the supermarket was closed. I finally decided to brave it, and as I was parking, the rain let up a bit, which left me wet to a point where I air dried about 15 minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment