November 17, 2010

This one's for Wilford

Oatmeal

It's all Wilford Brimley's fault really. When I was in school, he came out with a whole mess of Quaker Oats commercials. "A bowl in the morning keeps me going all day long... it's the right thing to do" or something of the sort. I saw them so many times I got hooked on the stuff.

Sure I had my share of lucky charms, frosted flakes, count chocula, bread and butter, bacon and eggs, pancakes... but in the end Brimley won out and I went back to Quaker oatmeal. The little instant packets, because "They tell us we can have Quaker Oats 11 times in a row and never have the same flavor twice" xD

And it didn't stop there. After I was done with all 11 flavors I went hardcore: straight up with no artificial flavors, dried fruits, nothing. And I haven't been back since. I figure it's been a year and a half now of quaker oats, every morning.

And well, no, I don't really have any miracle stories about how it changed my life, about how it made me win a marathon, or about how I lost more pounds than you could ever lose on a Jenny Craig and Slim Fast binge. A year and a half later it's the same old me, my Quaker Oats diet didn't do a damn thing.

But, it tastes good and it's fun. So I'm not switching. Damn you Brimley =D

No comments:

Post a Comment