February 09, 2011

40- Irony of the fire truck

40- Irony of the fire truck

One of those strangely ironic experiences you get every so often. I was riding home, and hearing a fire truck stuck in traffic behind me. Eventually the sound died out, "must have taken another street" I thought.

But a couple of blocks later I start hearing it again, louder and louder, it had managed to get unstuck. So the first thing that crossed my mind was "hey, neat, a fire truck!"... caught it just as it was going by.

So I keep riding home, and as I'm turning the corner I start hearing this backup signal... I turn the corner... and there's the truck parked right in front of my house.

Uhhhhhh.... hey neat, a fire truck... right in front of my house?

In the end it was nothing. One of the neighbors in front called in because they smelled smoke at their house, turns out they were burning grass clippings next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment