October 19, 2010

I should NOT be eating this

I should NOT be eating this...

One of the best parts about those years at the university was when around 10 AM this guy would walk the campus selling these meat pies out of a wicker basket. No plastic food gloves, no heating elements, just a wicker basket with some towels and the pies in it. Though they did come in a paper bag with a printed label.

All of a sudden he didn't come by anymore, which was pretty depressing for all of us, especially around 10 AM every day. Seems he moved to selling them at stadiums during the soccer matches: more people and better profits.

So today I walk into the office and a colleague tells me he brought something from his most recent trip to the Atlantic coast... and he pulls out one of them meat pies =D

They weren't from my original supplier at the university, but they were just as good. He tells me there's this guy near the beach that makes them, every day he walks the beach at 11 AM, and all his supply is gone by noon... until the next day. People literally line up waiting for him to come by.

I probably shouldn't be eating this stuff at my age. The meat's spiced up, and from the napkin you can probably tell it's not exactly dietary material xD

But, sometimes you've just gotta make an exception =D

On a side note, we've decided to track down our original supplier. We found a note on him in the local paper, and are desperately working to find his phone number so we can convince him to make us a couple weekly batches!

1 comment:

  1. Those are the best thing ever! hehe in college there is a guy who sells "cajetas" but I don´t like'em, fortunately my girlfriend does, and she seems to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete