October 04, 2010

It's HOW old?

October 4, 2010

It's HOW old?

There´s this jacket that I always wear around the house. It became a habit I can't even remember when. That day it was just cold, I found it stashed away in the closet and decided to use it for the day, and it worked... so it stayed with me.

Never really thought about it, until today. I figured I couldn't remember where that jacket had come from. Although I did have an idea in the back of my mind. Sure enough, looking through a couple of photo albums I had also stashed in the closet, I figured it out.

I got the jacket when I was in high school, back when I used to wear huge nerdy Bill Gates 1980s glasses, and a ridiculous pair of white tennis shoes with purple detailing. Not to mention a pair of pants that were generally a few sizes too large for me, with this god awful braided brown leather belt that looked like something out of an arts and crafts class gone wrong.

Oh, yeah... and I had hair back then too. And a Chicago Bulls cap I simply refused to drop. Although it was an improvement over the previous cap I refused to drop: one of those $2 K-mart ball caps with the white styrofoam front, that one had a big corvette on it that said, of course, CORVETTE. Damn shame I din't have a pickup truck and a shotgun to go wit it too... woulda just made my day.

Back to the jacket. Way back when, I somehow managed to find myself in the middle of a foreign exchange program heading to France. Which eventually led me to get the jacket, use it for a month or so and then stash it in the closet forever.

That would make it... more or less 16 years old. Wow. That's gotta be the longest lasting item of clothing I've ever owned.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, cool story, I have a shirt from sixth grade, and i´m in college so that makes it for 7 years hehe..

    ReplyDelete